Are you ready to turn your boredom into a burst of creativity? Say goodbye to summer or winter monotony and grab those forgotten crayons and smooth rocks – we’re about to embark on a thrilling craft adventure! This activity is not just simple; it’s an absolute blast. Whether you want to spice up your Science curriculum or transform those creek-side vacation rocks into vibrant masterpieces, this craft is your ticket to an exciting journey of colors and imagination!
Hot Rocks Painting Craft for Kids
First, gather all the materials you’ll need, listed below.
What You’ll Need:
- Smooth rocks (size of choice but I like them to fit in the palm of my hand)
- Big box of crayons
- Aluminum foil
- Baking pan
Once you have all your materials, grab the kids and get started! Please note that they will need your supervision throughout this project since it requires the use of an oven and safely handling very hot rocks. Please use caution!
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and line baking pan with a piece of aluminum foil.
2. Place your rocks onto your aluminum foil lined for an and place in your preheated oven for 10-15 minutes.
3. Carefully remove the pan from the oven and carefully transfer the rocks using a heating pad to a paper plate or a piece of newspaper.
4. Peel the crayon paper back if needed, press your crayons onto the hot rocks, and watch them melt onto your hot rocks.
5. Switch colors a few times to make some amazing patterns.
6. Let fully dry and cool before you display.
This hot rocks melted crayons craft is sure to be a memorable time with your children.