A question that frequently pops up in regard to online home schooling is – Is it suitable for everyone? Nowadays, everything is available on the Internet and quite a few institutions have online courses and examinations, where students are not required to attend any school or sit in a classroom. They receive the necessary study materials via email, and the course proceeds accordingly.
Web based home schooling puts enormous responsibility upon the parents and children, which is why you need to consider a few things before choosing this method:
- Parents need to allocate more time to children and their activities – home schooling limits social life and interactions to a certain extent as compared to public school, which is tough for kids and they take some time to adjust.
- Regularly monitoring their progress is vital, even if you don’t have to teach a particular subject.
- Schedules have to planned in advance – parents step in and designate fixed hours for studying that has to be followed each day.
- Online home schooling includes home work on a daily basis so parents should check if their child has completed it or not.
Advantages of this method
Home schooling can be difficult and as a parent, you might not be confident about pulling it off without help. That is why Internet home schooling is a better choice in such cases. There are numerous benefits such as:
- It is combines the elements of public schools and home schooling by parents – the child is taught by qualified teachers with academic backgrounds and years of experience in teaching online.
- Virtual classrooms allow children to interact with others of other own age, so they are not completely cut off from social life.
- There are creative and interactive activities included as a part of the curriculum in order to help you and your child cope with home schooling and achieve the best results.
This is a major decision that will impact your child’s education, so you should consider all risks and available options before making up your mind. Parents always want the best education for their children, so please take time in figuring out if online home schooling will be beneficial for your child in the long run.
Have you ever used online homeschool for your child? If so let me know how it went or how it is going in comments!