Here is a fun craft that you can do with your children and then use for your math review. This tutorial will show you how you can make your very own wooden flash cards! These are so much! Let’s get to it!
7 1/4″ x 2 3/4″ thin unfinished wooden craft rectangles
2.5″ unfinished wooden craft numbers
White craft paint
Foam paint brushes
1. Lay a couple sheets of old newspaper out before you get started.
2. Paint each wooden craft rectangle black with your foam paintbrush and let dry.
3. While your rectangles are drying, paint your numbers white, and let dry.
4. Place your black rectangles vertical and a little more than halfway down tape off a rectangle about 1/4″ wide and 2 1/4″ long.
5. Press your tape edges so they are sealed, paint the inside white, and let dry.
6. Carefully glue one number towards the top of each vertical rectangle which will leave a large space before and after the white rectangle.
7. Now you can use your white chalk pencil to finish your chalkboard math flashcards. Changing them from addition to subtraction to multiplication, and division.